These installation instructions must be followed without fail. They also apply to BESISTA® compression rod connections. All BESISTA® system parts take the form of safety components, which we have subjected to multiple tests and inspections.
- Check all system parts for transit damage and flawless condition before installing. Damaged components must not be used.
- If your system is fitted with cover sleeve, first screw in the sleeves as far as they will go. Do not lock securely until the rod is tensioned.
- Liberally grease the threads of the rod anchors and rods, then screw them into the rod anchors until they appear in the “inspection hole”!
- Join one rod anchor to the joining plate at one end and secure with the cross pin and locking rings.
- At the other end, hold the other rod anchor in the joining plate and turn the rod until the pin fits into the pin-hole.
- Insert the pin and locking rings and tension the rod in accordance with the structural engineer’s instructions.
- Make sure that the thread fully appears in the inspection hole! This gives you a 100% check on the thread screw-in depth. This is particularly important regarding your liability!
Please note during installation
Do not modify, heat or deform the rod anchors or subject them to sudden loads, e.g. by driving in the pin with a hammer. In particular, do not pull apart or squeeze together the straps. The thickness of the gusset plates shall match the width of the opening.
Use only the pins supplied. To eliminate the risk of using materials of different grades, always safely dispose of any surplus pins!!
When turning or pretensioning the rods, also restrain the rod anchors at the wrench flats so that they cannot twist and distort the straps.
When using extension sleeves, make sure the thread ends are securely locked at the centre of the sleeves.
Supplied system parts cannot be returned or exchanged!
No guarantee is provided for modified or improperly treated system components. Any use of such components will automatically invalidate the approval and type stress analysis.
Under the approval, tension rods shall not be bent, modified, deformed or welded.
Use only hot-dip galvanized rod systems outdoors. Damaged areas shall be properly repaired.
The tension rod systems shall be accessible at all times for maintenance and repair.
Do not pull apart or squeeze together the straps. The rod anchors must not be modified, deformed, heated or subjected to sudden loads.
Any build-up of restraint or bending stresses must be prevented
The plates must not press against the straps